After Hours Emergency Vet Clinic
Eastside Veterinary Emergency & Specialists are open for animal health emergencies 24 hours a day. Our qualified and experienced emergency vet and nursing staff are available around the clock to help treat your pet, no matter the nature of your crisis. From major injuries to minor ailments, we are dedicated to providing quality medical attention for your animal.
Emergency? Call Us Now
If you have an emergency, call us immediately. The quicker you get your animal to our emergency clinic, the better. We may request some information from you during this call, which can help us to prepare for your arrival.
Common Conditions We Treat
We often see cats and dogs with all sorts of ailments and conditions. Our after hours vet clinic is fully equipped and prepared to deal with the following:
- Vomiting and diarrhoea – this is the most common condition that we treat. We can provide intravenous (IV) fluid drips and medications to help your dog or cat rehydrate and recover from their gastroenteritis.
- Pain – if your pet is in pain we can help to provide analgesia (pain relief), diagnose the injury and then provide appropriate treatment. We often see broken, fractured and sprained limbs.
- Trauma – we treat severe injuries from motor vehicle accidents, fights with other animals and high rise falls for example.
- Poisoning – common intoxications include chocolate, rat bait, snail bait, garlic, onions, paracetamol, aspirin and other human medications. While it is best to keep your animal away from these items if they ingest or are exposed to toxins we are able to provide decontamination (removal of the toxin) if presented in time or treatment if they are already affected by the toxin.
- Paralysis – from tick bite, spinal injuries and other conditions.
- Ligament Injuries – difficulty walking, pain or lameness.
- Urinary Issues – difficulty or inability to urinate
We treat the above conditions on a regular basis, and our team of professional staff are available to treat your pet and help it on its way to recovery as soon as possible.
Our after hours animal emergency hospital provides the following services:
- Emergency surgery
- Intravenous fluids
- Laboratory Testing (blood and urine) – this is performed on site with immediate results. So your we can get results for your pet without delay.
- X-Rays (Radiographs)
- Critical care – we provide life support, including mechanical ventilation, for severe lung diseases and tick paralysis
We perform these services using the best techniques in veterinary medicine and the latest equipment, ensuring that your cat, dog or other cherished pet receives nothing but the best medical treatment.